Tuesday, August 23, 2005

So it is Tuesday and the baby is not here. It is nerve racking for me. For Sharon it is another day without the pain and disfigure of child birth on her delicates. I understand her trepidation, but at this point I just want to see the boy.
Sharon may say my enthusiasm for child birth, in this case at least, is related to the weeks vacation I have been needing that will arrive with the stork. This may be partly true, but mostly not.
additionally, what goes on with cell phones? I was off yesterday with private appointments and my cell phone rang all day. This is to be expected as it rings without end on mot Mondays. The problem was, and is, that l drop almost as many calls as I don't. How can our modern life depend on technology that works for shit? If your natural gas lines leaked just because we couldn't get it right, we'd have kept using wood and coal. But with cell phones we accept that the damned things don't work. And let's not get me started on the oh so convenient voice recognition. What bullshit. How it can't tell the difference between Frank and Joe is a mystery that I guess will be us through the ages. Everything I use this function I remind myself of Mr. Scott in Star Trek IV when the crew comes back to the 1980's and he is trying to do computer work and he says, " Computer" and nothing happens. Of course he goes on to type and a furious speed and gets the same results. I usually end up cussing my phone out first then scrolling for the information manually.

12 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

You should make the sweet love to Sharon - it worked for Matt and Tam and she was early. Good luck and don't throw up when you see the placenta.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Mr. Bebout said...

Making the sweet love is what got us here in the 1st place, althouhg I walling to try it again

8:19 AM  
Blogger Stacy Cane said...

It always bugged me that Scotty typed so well. Why could he type at all? They spoke to their computers!

8:38 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

I'm just saying is all...

9:51 AM  
Blogger Mr. Bebout said...

I think he had to because the voice recognition was always on the fritz, like my damned cell phone. Thus proving my point that they don't work.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Stacy Cane said...

I don't remember seeing any keyboards on the Enterprise.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bebout said...

There were those wierd touch screens things, but that wasin STNG.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Stacy Cane said...

oh yeah, forgot about that.

4:38 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bebout said...

I didn;t make any tearstain jokes, did I? Are you sure you not trying to get attention away form your brother? I hear that dogs prefer badd attention to no attention at all. Maybe it's time for some inner reflection.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Tam said...

C'mon. We all know a week home with your newborn is no vacation. I think Matt wishes he would have saved it for another Dave Matthews Concert in San Francisco.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Tam said...

Good luck to you both by the way. Im very happy for you and can't wait to lick your baby.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Mr. Bebout said...

No baby licking allowed.

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home