Friday, August 26, 2005

This was me this morning before going to the sausage McMuffin joint. All smiles and good wishes. Then I met Bev A. She was nice enough to chip in a penny for me to avoid the $0.99 I would have received in change had she not. For this I said a heart felt thank you and began to wait for my food. As she got me the diet coke I ordered in the correct size cup she began to tell me how she always gives a penny and sometimes more and how all the people she helps are always grateful. Now I began to become annoyed. In the next few minutes Bev A mouthed on as though she was chewing tar and was unable stop about the damned penny she offered up. I began to think that I would have been better off with the $0.99 and some peace and quiet. It went on and on to the point that I was upended about the whole thing.
I think an honest thank you for a penny is an equitable exchange. But for 5 minutes of droning about spare change I feel I was cheated. As I left the joint with my bahg of food I did not return Bev A's have a nice day and left to the rest of my morning in an entirely different frame of mind as evidenced by the following photographic dramatization.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stacy Cane said...

There is no free lunch.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Tam said...

I didnt really understand your pain until the dramatization. Thank you for that little bit of kindness. "Its almost like the time I gave this guy a penny at..."

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home