Thursday, October 27, 2005

Post Number Hooray II

Karma.
I wrote about the Christian group yesterday and last evening who should show up with a cake? They were very nice and talked more about, at least attempted to, the Browns and sports and child care and so on. I watched Top Model and felt a tinge of guilt what with all the gals in their underthings, but not too guilty. And then they did not talk about God.
These people seem so nice, that it is hard to brush them off. But I can't help but fell like I did when I went to an interview to sell off brand perfume in parking lots. It is all very confusing. Usually I would say in a firm manner that we were not interested and move on. And the truth is, I am not inclined to become involved with them. I am conflicted because they are nice, and I think they might think I was mean and I hate for people to think I am mean. Especially nice people with potentially good intentions.
We have already tried not answering the door or phone calls. We only went to "church" once but they keep after us. I think we will have to get enmeshed in some other church and say this is where we are.

This could all be related to my problem accepting new people. Save for Mr St A I am not friendly to new people, and even less so to friendly people. Maybe because Mr St A is not so overly chummy is why I don't mind him. But I digress....

The point of this is, if you want to stop by without an appointment, bring a cake.

4 Comments:

Blogger Stacy Cane said...

will TasteeCake do?

10:38 AM  
Blogger Mr. Bebout said...

It was a Peperidge Farm.

3:07 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bebout said...

It's the thouhgt that counts

9:25 AM  
Blogger Mr. Bebout said...

Nice talk for a whore. Get it together Marne.

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home