Monday, November 14, 2005

Symposium

I went to a symposium in the Greater Chicago area for building envelope technology. This two day event consisted of 12 one hour sessions where industyr experts discussed everything from standard testing to particular wall system repairs. Overall I would give the event a "B". Some of the sessions delivered novice level information that did not further my understanding of the topics. Some sessions were too technical for me, and I think the rest of the audience and would have been better recieved by evironmental scientists not consultants and PEs.
The rest were very helpfull and informative. Not that the information was new but it was nice to hear it coming from someone other than my boss, or as validation of what I thought I already knew.
Included with the event were several hours of down time spent drinking double Kettle One on the rocks with three olives on a roofing products salesman's dime.
The travel to and from was not so good as the flights were delayed. The service on the plane was fine however and who can blame the weather?
On my return home, I was greeted at the truck by my wife and dog (my son was safely asleep in the house) where I imediatley broke the leg off my rolling suit case.
Now I am back at work and all is well.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stacy Cane said...

I keep looking for something to say this, and I keep coming to: sucks about the suitcase. Don't they make quality luggage anymore? Yet you don't want to spend too much on a bag just to have TSA screw it up while going thru your undies looking for contraband. What to do, what to do.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bebout said...

I was not too upset. At least it wasn't the wheels. I might be able to glue the leg on and have is break again when I use it next but I just can't justify buying a new unit b/c of one stinking leg.

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home