Thursday, August 24, 2006

On Sangria

My buddy MDB posted a recipe for Sangria, and it sounds delightful.
I offer my recipe for a gin and tonic.
Start with a glass 3/4 full of ice. The size of the glass (or cup depending on location) is not too important but I do not encourage anything larger than 12 oz. myself as the drink will get warm and the flavour will suffer.
Pour the gin in the glass until half full.
Top off with tonic.
Sqeeze fresh lime juice, deposit lime reminders into glass.
Stir.
Enjoy
Some will brag for a particular brand of gin. I like Beefeater, but that's me. I think Bombay Safire is too much. Paramount is no where near enough. you should stay with call brands but you don't need to go too far.
A vodka tonic is a fine drink when the gin is gone. Vodka is best served with ice in a small glass with a lime (see above for instructions) or an olive. On this I encourage you to try Kettle One.
Absolute is for college girls and mixed drinks. Grey Goose is good but not, in my opinion, worth the cost. Titos I have had with mixers and enjoyed but can not speak to it on its own.
If all else fails, try champagne. The champagne of beers that is.

10 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Bebout said...

I think it is the brine from the olive that people, myslef included, enjoy.
The onion I don't get.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Stacy Cane said...

If you love brine, order the "dirty martini."

12:21 PM  
Blogger Gina Ventre said...

Mmmmm.....brine.

I eat it out of the olive jar with a spoon.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Stacy Cane said...

yeah, they do. They pour the olive brine into the martini, together with the olives. (Actually, I'm not sure if they pour it in after they mix it, or mix the olive brine with the vodka and vermouth -- but either way -- it is good stuff.)

2:36 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bebout said...

I don't like a dirty martini. Too much salty takes away fromt he booze flavor.

7:08 AM  
Blogger Tam said...

If you use Three Olives Vodka do you still need to add olives? This sounds like a question for Horatio.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Mr. Bebout said...

It is just a brand name.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Tam said...

*Frown I was kidding.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Stacy Cane said...

And if you use Mount Gay rum, do you have to... uh, nevermind.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Curt said...

So we went to an uppity party last week and they had some of this expensive honey piss lager in a keg that no one could wash down even with a with a hot dog chaser. I went on a beer run and needless to say, when I got back we were all living the HIGH LIFE!

4:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home