Monday, June 26, 2006

Sad Day In Deed

It has been our, the Mrs. and I, plessure to open our new house up on Friday nights to our friends. And by house I mean the garage and the guest bathroom.
This past Firday we had some old friends come by and some new friends too. We had margatitas a plenty and although I was, and am still, in pain from a bad back and two bad teeth, I think it was a good time overall.
The bad time, however, has left a bad taste in my mouth that has nothing to do with the infection in my molars. I am conflicted to report on what went on. I myself have been known to get rowdy with drink, but I think I must say something here.
The fact is that our guests, and not all to be sure, took actions at our house that were rude and disrepectful to my family. As a result, we wil no longer be inviting people over. It is sad because one of my greatest hopes was that our house would be a place where our friends could come and have fun. But this hope, in the space of one evening, has been squashed.
Not only have these actions ruined my good time but have also put into question how I feel about people. Why would people be so disrespecful? Why would they think what they did would be OK especially after I made it very clear that it was not fucking OK? This is our home and I don't care if people see things differently. I am not inclined to be accomodating to others views in general on things have only a passing interest in.
For the people who came by and did not piss in my, or my neighbor's yard I am sorry and thanks for coming by. For those who did, I am sad. I would not do the same at your house, especially after you had made it good and fucking god damed clear that it would not be OK.

5 Comments:

Blogger Christie said...

Darn it. I was looking forward to coming when things calmed down around my home. Not for drinks, of course. Anyway, sorry this has happened. I don't know what happened, but it must have been pretty awful to upset you, Dave. Generally, you are pretty easy going. How horrible! I still think the Bebouts and St. Angelo's should get together sometime.

2:25 PM  
Blogger Simply Minded said...

I hope you accept my sincerest appologies. I'm sorry for my actions and I'm sorry they've upset.
Chad

8:21 PM  
Blogger Simply Minded said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Professor Bacher said...

To: The Dave,

This may not make you feel better, but I am placing you on the top of my list of "Favorite Blogs." Not merely because of people pissing places they should not, but because I believe that you and I are being hosed on another blog.

Thank you for your time.
James Bacher (http://jameswbacher.blogspot.com/)

2:48 PM  
Blogger Stacy Cane said...

Thanks Jamie. How many hosings do I have to apologize for?

BTW -- Mr. & Mrs. Bebout are completely within their rights to be dismayed about what happened in their backyard. That's their home, and they deserve to have it treated with respect.

Fortunately, we had some good rain on the East Side since then.

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home