Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Club Soda

I stopped at home mid day and let Beau Bridges out for a pee and a poop. He seemed happy about it. I grabbed a club soda, as I am want to do, and went back to work.
In brief, to catch up on the whole brake thing... Mulinax Mayfield inspected the truck and decided that the guy in Wickliffe lied and replaced my brakes and fixed my parking brake too. I was not charged. I think that the guy did not lie entirely because why would you replace good parts. I think maybe they never replaced what they said they did a year ago. Either way, I got new brakes and no more clunk in the ass end of my truck. It was a rare occasion when I won what was right from the man. Or not, as I already paid for the shit a year ago.

Mrs B and I were sick all weekend. No Activia needed. We failed to reach our goal of unpacking and installing screens in favor of staying in bed and sleeping in between dashes to the WC. The Younger was a champ and played quietly all weekend. Beau Bridges was good too.

The Daily Show is the best thing on television. Steven Colbert deserves mad props for slamming the Bush while the Bush was like 6 feet away. He is a stone cold dude. Rock on Colbert. I know Colbert is not longer on the Daily Show, but who can stay up until midnight? Anyway, The Daily Show is still better. Its the show Bill Marr wishes he could make.

Tomorrow I have to attend a seminar on asphalt paving. I am overjoyed. I am also getting a haircut.

My back is killing me. Probably from laying in bed too long but there was nothing for it. Woe to me.

What is the rule on undershirts and open necks? I wear them in the winter out of need to fight the cold. But in the summer they make me too hot. Also, I was told that the gays on Bravo don't like it and I am not going to wear a V-neck and a tank top is silly.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

I think seeing a peek of undershirt through the open neck is sexy, but that's just me. rya got these breathable unders at Target - ask him about them.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Mr. Bebout said...

All this time and this is the 1st I've heard of your feelings on undershirts. HMM.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Stacy Cane said...

I am wearing a polo shirt today. no undershirt. The look of a polo with a white undershirt doesn't offend me, but I don't like to do it myself.

Now, any sort of button down shirt requires some sort of undershirt. I have never been one for V-neck tees, they remind me of my grandfather. I go with a crew neck t-shirt generally, and with a more casual shirt or a tropical print, I may wear an A-shirt, also known as a "wife-beater."

4:31 PM  
Blogger Professor Bacher said...

When I first started here in NYC, I wore a polo with an undershirt (that matched) and was told by my boss to immediately take it off because it does not look professional.

He also does not like it when I wear an undershirt under a button down shirt when I leave the top button open without a tie.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bebout said...

I don't undestand an undershirt with a polo. It's like wearing to t-shirts.
I thin kthat I will have to get some v-neck shirts so I can be cool.

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey James, remind me to never work at your office. I always wear a white crew neck tee under whatever shirt I'm wearing.

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home