Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Dig This Bullshit

I have a keen truck. I use it everyday for work and play. I rely on my truck. This being said, I am in the habit of taking care of it. Yesterday while on my way home from visiting my Mom in the hospital I noted a grinding noise coming from the underparts. I stopped at the 1st repair shop, Mulinax Ford in Wickliffe, OH. I filled out the folio and dropped my keys.

Note to reader: I had service including rear brake replacement inclusive of rotor refacing and caliper lube etc as was as replacement of rear axel seals and lube in June of o5 at the Mulinax on Mayfield.

I got a call from the shop at 7:30 AM explained what I noted and told them to figure out what was wrong. They called back at 9AM and said I needed...that's right....rear brakes and axel seals.

I spent the next several hours on the phone in a state of controlled anger and frustration. Neither shop is willing to say, they are wrong in their findings or the work they did was inadequate.

Now I have to take the truck to Mayfield for further investigation and another dose of "not my fault".

2 Comments:

Blogger Stacy Cane said...

I hate that. I was told the other day I need new brakes. I've been conditioned to disbelieve. The car seems to stop fine. On my last car, I waited till the bitter end to replace my brakes -- that is, when there was so little brake left, that it was plainly obvious what was wrong. But even with the driving you do -- that sounds like BS to me.

4:53 AM  
Blogger Mr. Bebout said...

More to come on this. I will find out today the outcome

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home