Thursday, June 29, 2006

Burp

I have heart burn from my Chipotle pulled pork w/ guacamole burrito. It burns.
The chick what buys snacks for our office got a bucket of animal crackers. Animal crackers are not crackers at all, but bad cookies. The Mrs. is a fan bad cookies like lorna dune and hits with frosting. The Mrs. also likes good cookies. I tell you no cookie is safe in our house.
I wonder if the animal cracker gave me the heart burn. I should take a Rolaid or some baking soda in warm water.
I know my grandpa always had heart burn. He burped a lot and alway took a Rolaid. I have had heart burn regularly since high shcool. I take Zantac quite a bit. I don't know how he could put up with constant heart burn with only Rolaids to help. He was a lot tougher than I am I guess.
The warm water with baking soda is on the box. It works well if you have gas pain. I have had gas pains that made my teeth hurt. I can see how people confuse a gas for a heart attack because it hurts like hell. After my firend Ralbert had a heart attack I was convinced that I was haivng one too until I burped and felt better. Then I thought I had had one, but was just so tough that I pulled through on my own and Ralbert was a whimp for going to the hospital.
Then, I had another burp and just kind of moved on in my mind about gas and heart attacks.
But this heart burn is a pain in the neck. Literally. I am off for over the counter medicine. I think there is the new Tums in the kitchen at work. That should do the trick for now.

10 Comments:

Blogger Stacy Cane said...

I am a Maalox man, myself. I prefer the vanilla creme flavor.

5:17 PM  
Blogger Simply Minded said...

i'm with the dave on the zantac, plus pop a coulpe before going out drinking and your beer muscles get stronge!

10:53 PM  
Blogger Gina Ventre said...

Carnitas and guac! I love that combination. That plus a Dos Equis and lime.

I used to like the boxes that the animal crackers came in...the ones with the white string for a handle.

Avoid Pepto for heartburn.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

I'm a Pepcid chewable girl myself. Since the heart attack I have medicated Ray several times with Pepcid when he thought he was having another one. So far this has worked.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Mr. Bebout said...

I have had the 2 x beer, but I never thought much of it myself. Plus with eating at the office, I was hindered in the full enjoyment of the Mexican lunch.
I was never to fond of liquid medicine as the taste is usally bad.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Mr. Bebout said...

He is an engineer, not a lawyer at all.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Mr. Bebout said...

He is an engineer, not a lawyer at all.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Mr. Bebout said...

You went form December to June. Piss off.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Mr. Bebout said...

I think the Dawn is more easliy confused for male than Don is for female, but that's just me.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Stacy Cane said...

So much for new posts... :-)

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home