Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Peanuts

We just found out that the Younger is allergic to peanuts. It is sad as I thought he'd eat nothing but PB&J. Now he can only have J. Who the hell wants a jelly sandwich? I think the only thing sadder than a jelly sandwich is a butter sandwich.
I make the best PB &J sandwiches in the history of them. Now I will have to eat them all myself while he looks at me with sad eyes and some bullshit jelly sandwich.
It is also scary that he die from a peanut. I suppose anyone could, choking or some misguided peanut gun, but just eating one? It is very scary to think of your child as fragile. It is daunting to think how aware the Mrs and I need to be without being "those" parents that rasied "that" kid.
"Those" parents that send a note with the kid when he goes to a friends house. "That" kid who warns his friends parents of his peanut allergy in the same breath that he says "How do you do?"

10 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Bebout said...

I don't know. I never wanted him to have a PB&J anyway and I don't see how his hips would have any effect on that.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Curt said...

The sad thing, Dave, is that you may never be able to partake in you peanut addiction anymore either. Kids that are allergic are usually highly allergic, which means if you eat a pb&j and you give the little guy a sloppy kiss it could end up in a trip to the ER. And forbid if you ever leave the smallest amount of peanut oil residue on the counter top… have you tried mayonnaise sandwiches?

3:18 AM  
Blogger Curt said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:18 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Luckily there's no peanuts in chip chop ham and miracle whip. Sometimes kids grow out of their allergies though, so fingers crossed its not permanent.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Mr. Bebout said...

I don't line on Front Street. Can't I have anything that's mine?

11:55 AM  
Blogger Tam said...

Sorry about all of that. Such a little guy for such a big allergy. It's becoming quite common so I don't think he'll be known as "that" kid. Maybe he'll have really cool Peanut Allergy friends and you can create new menu ideas for lunches. It will be a new adventure.

At least he can still enjoy the Peanuts comic.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Well at least they switched from PB&J to slop so now he can fulfill his dreams of living in teh Big Brother house.

3:34 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bebout said...

There is that.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Couldn't we have metaphysical nuts? I mean I know Sharon's "balls" are bigger than Ray's.

How do they discover such an allergy anyways? Do they just test babies now? My sister grew out of her dairy allergy. Not really the same but...

9:02 AM  
Blogger Stacy Cane said...

That is a bummer. Is he still under warranty? No, he's a year old. Isn't that how it always works?

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home