Monday, May 14, 2007

My Left Foot

My left foot feels fine after my 10 mile walk . I went with our team captain to Chapin's Forrest this past Saturday and we strolled along for a 3 hour walk in the woods. It was actually kind of fun to hike about avoiding huge piles of horse manure and looking at owls and deer and what not.

So far the walking part of my 3-day is going well. The fund raising, as I expected, is harder for me. I am not big on asking for help from people and certainly not from strangers. I am not too worried yet as I still have about 2.5 months to get the rest of the money in, but I would just as soon have it in and done.

In other news, Mother's Day was yesterday and that was nice. I cut the grass and used my new 18 volt rechargeable weed eater/edger and the yard looks pretty good. I did this after Mrs. got breakfast in bed and cards a gift. She seemed like she liked it but she might have just been being polite.

I called my mother and grandmother too. My grandmother is in a home these days as she is old and in poor shape. It is hard to talk to someone in a home, but I guess that is a cop out as it is harder to be in a home.

I feel bad for her and wish she was still in good health and happy to be alive. I am scared she will die soon and I will miss her. Not that we've hung out much over the last years, but it is a comfort to know she was there. I think there are far too few people in the world that love you and the loss of one leaves deep and permanent scars. For me, it makes me want to pull away from other people and the person facing impending doom. I think it is a defence mechanism to protect my fragile inner self. I have used this defence on several occasions of similar and different circumstances and have usually regretted doing so after the fact, but try as I may, it seems more natural for me to be this way than to engage my fears and pains and adapt to the situation.

The Younger is growing like a well manicured and healthy lawn. I know the more typical saying references a weed but I think weeds are negative and refuse to make a allegory out if weed and my son. He repeats about everything he hears so that's fun in the car. One night at dinner he went into a rousing version of "Shake Your Booty" by KC and the Sunshine Band that had the Mrs. and I rolling on the floor laughing our colletive asses off. I know I could have used some instant message short hand but that is for children and whores and I am neither.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

did he "Do a Little Dance" too?

8:12 AM  
Blogger Mr. Bebout said...

No. He is a vocalist.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Actually, he is quite the dancer but on this occasion he was in his highchair and unable to bust a move.

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home