Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Two Words for You

One time a drunk girl said to my friend John for MI, "I got two words for you. GO TO HELL!" John and I, also drunk at the time, oddly enough laughed out loud at the girl making matters all the more irate and making us laugh more.

But those aren't the two words that prompted my posting. The two words on my mind are Air Supply. That's right. Those odd looking singers from down under that made smarmy love songs in the 70's and 80's. I recently downloaded their greatest hits to my itunes and I am loving me some Air Supply. They could really turn a phrase and make you feel to love, or love lost, in every song.

What happened to love songs about love? Now all we get is sexy dirty talk from people who wouldn't know love if it gave them a reach around. I wish I had been looking for love or had been in love when this Air Supply stuff was on the AM radio 24/7; to see them pop love song out on Solid Gold with Rex Smith would have been the most. I could have slow danced without rubbing my dork on my lady fair's bottom and showing wood in front of our contemporaries before we'd sneak off to get in on without protection or a worry beyond what penicillin could fix.

It makes you wonder if we really have come so far. In our hurry to advance it seems we have regressed to our ancient self rutting about showing our attractions and availability with inflamed organs exposed so any willing partner would know at first glance.

So yeah, I got two words, Air Supply.

5 Comments:

Blogger MrsTito said...

I remember the radio show at night when I was in high school, Love Songs by Delia or something of that nature. We caught a glimpse of it driving to Florida last year, so I don't know if it's a national broadcast, or just moved south to Georgia, but either way, it DID remind me of the good ol' times.

Now I can't get Friends are Friends Forever out of my head. Thanks, Dave.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Mr. Bebout said...

Delilia is a hack. It was all about Soild Gold.
And I don't see how you can blame me for your poor taste in 80's music. I mentioned Air Supply and they would never put out suck mess as that graduation day hymn.
But thanks for looking at my blog.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Stacy Cane said...

Great, now I've got a "I'm All Out of Love" / "Even the Nights Are Better" / "Sweet Dreams" medley in my head. Thanks!

3:20 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bebout said...

I had it live in my office and I was happy to be here.

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was addicted to Solid Gold as a child, I even wanted to be a Solid Gold dancer...

But then again, I'm old.

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home