Thursday, November 15, 2007

Good Day

I got an email from an old friend I haven't talk with in five years today and I was so happy I had to write it here. I also got an email from an old friend that I was not so happy to get. That one felt like I had been found by Columbia House and had finish my one year commitment to by 10 CDs.

I am not typically a catch up kind of person. In my younger days I would suffer through and wish for out. As I grew older and people I used to know would get in touch I would say hello and walk away without a second look and I like this method.

So for me to have someone I thought was gone and was fine with that get in touch and have me happy about it is a neat feeling.

I wonder if I have some emotional disconnect that enables me to close off people I used to know and in a lot of cases cared for without much thought. I am actually pretty sure that I do do this very thing and have relied on it so I don't end up a weepy person longing for days gone by because usually when a relationship ends there are hurt feelings.

I don't have hurt feelings in this case and look forward to reconnecting. Now I am off to let Beau Bridges out. The Mrs. and the Younger are going to 4 year old's Chuck E. Cheese birthday party.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home