Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Meet Me in St. Louis

I went to St. Louis, MO for work this past weekend. It was a good trip as much as can be expected for spending the weekend walking back and forth and up and down all over parking garages at a busy mall.
I didn't get to see to much of the city beyond the job site and the airport. This is usually the case when I travel for work. I know there is an arch to look at and they barbecue, but other than that I don't know what I would have looked at anyway.
I traveled with the PE we use. He is in his declining years and this trip was holding up from his wintering in Arizona so he wasn't too much fun. The hotel was nice except the air was so dry I left feeling like a Pringle. They charged 11 bucks for the breakfast buffet and although it did offer a make-it- yourself waffle station, I think $11 for breakfast is too much.
We had dinner at a seafood place that was OK. The shrimp cocktail was over boiled and came out a touch softer than I prefer but what do you want for seafood in MO? As the restaurant had ambiance and named rooms they charged hotel prices for the drinks which I find rude, especially when the bartender puts on a hockey game during dinner.
We had a new Pontiac Grand Prix. It was a generic car that left no impression on me.
The air travel was fine I guess. As the PE thinks himself a real traveling expert he had us gate check out bags. As I always just check by bags at desk I never paid attention to the fact that you can't travel with shampoo or shaving cream. I had to throw away these items under the stern eye of some old lady work for the TSA. I know she was just doing her part for national security, but I don't see how my mouthwash was a threat and I still don't think she needed back up.
It was nice to come home and see the Mrs and the Younger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home