Friday, September 07, 2007

Post # 111

I have been busy and lazy at the same time. I finished the 3-day a few weeks ago. thanks to everyone who came out in support of the event. Oh yeah, it was just the Mrs., the Younger and the Beav.

It was a great time by and large. I do sincerely thank those who donated and/or came to the event at FAT's. I would think to do this next year but fund raising was like pulling teeth because I am not good at asking for money and a lot of the people I asked are not good at giving it.

I hate to be bitter and force what is important to me on the people I know, actually I don't mind forcing my will at all. What I do dislike is when my will is rebuffed when all I ask for is a few bucks; and to save boobs. Who doesn't like boobs? What if you or someone you know gets breast cancer and the doctor tells you we were only $50 away from a cure? Then wouldn't you feel like a huge piece of shit? I mean it wasn't like I was asking people to help me move I was asking them to write a check.

I think what really hurts is that I think I am a pretty good friend. I don't recall a time when I have refused to help any of my friends out whenever they ask, except when the Macs moved but I had my reasons. I do recognise that my priorities have changed with the addition of the Younger and the Mrs. and I are more focused on home than anywhere else, but it felt like I had been abandoned my people who I have known since I was a boy.

But I digress...

I took a week off work after the walk to let my feet heal and have been lazy since. I will get back to a routine similar to the one I had to keep the fat off my belly.

The Younger celebrated his 2nd birthday last weekend. We had a small party with family that was more fun than I thought it would have been. Giant Eagle's steak burgers at the butcher counter are good. Also Spaten's Oktoberfest is available at the Legacy Village Giant Eagle and it is damn fine.

Sunday is the 1st home game and is against the Steelers. We will be at the muni lot around 6 AM. Stop by with beer and food if you are cool. It is only $15 per car and we have color TV in the lot.

5 Comments:

Blogger Stacy Cane said...

Mr. B -- I was happy to contribute. I hope you reached your fundraising goal. I hope you felt a great sense of achievement and purpose after completing your 60 mile walk for this worthy cause. I saw walkers out the one day, and I looked for you, but there were so many and I could not find you.

GO BROWNS! Hope to see you down in the Muni Lot, but we'll see.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bebout said...

I appreciate your contribution and those of all the people who donated. I truly do. I am happy that so may of you came the event we had and ate pounds of pasta.
The Browns let us down again.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

I'm sorry I couldn't attend the even for more than a few minutes but as I was told, it sounded like Mr. Noscal attended for the both of us.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Mr. Bebout said...

I don't think it is so much that people didn't come, it's that so many didn't want to come. Does that make sense? I feel as though I have over estimated the commitment of my friends to me.
Perhaps it is an affect of age and responsibility, I don't know. I know I miss out on parties and what not because I just can't always be there to the point that I am not asked anymore. But when I am asked to help, I usually try to, even occasionally at the inconvenience to my family.

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?

4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home