Thursday, December 29, 2005

Ah, work

My typical work week is at least 50 hours long.. So it has been quite odd these last few weeks where things have slowed considerably. What with the end of the Ohio construction season and still before our evaluation work begins, we here spend a lot of time cleaning up projects and what not, but not too much. Add to this our paid holiday time with all these short weeks, and I have been kind of bored at work.
I was so bored, that on Tuesday I left work early, with my boss, to have a few drinks. It was his birthday after all. After a few brews at FaT's, I called some friends who live near my home. The first person was all, " I have law stuff to do so piss off". The second people were all, " Sure Mr Bebout, we would love to meet you for a cocktail or two". And so we did. It was a great time. We had a nice conversation and ran into a life insurance saleman we all know and love.
Then we all went home.
Mrs Bebout was not too pleased with me because I was out of mind on the beer. I was not too pleased to have to go to work in the morning and climb ladders in Oberlin. But I did and that was fine. I did almost perish trying to ease myself back into the roof hatch all hung over and stiff from not enough sleep, but as I am here now, it is safe to say I made it just fine.
The rest of the week I have done not too much work, but the bulk of the staff has not so much as come into the office so I feel OK.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stacy Cane said...

aw, I wish I could've made it out.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bebout said...

I ment no slite by not calling you guys first. but Michale had invited me for a beer a fews days before and I could not go, so I thought to cash his raincheck. And besides, I do not have any tradition of drinking with just the two of you. now that I do, mayhaps next time you will be my first call.

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home