Wednesday, December 21, 2005

The End is Near

The end of 2005 is near and so much has happened. The biggest addition was my new sweater. It is wool and brown and has a zipper. Also Mr Huber is whimping out and leaving Ohio for a great opportunity in New Mexico. I never see him these days since he is allergic to travel and I don't go to Jefferson too much, but it was nice to know where he was.

Also Mr Bebout the Younger moved in. He require a fair amount of attention and is not much good at minding after himself. This has me and the Mrs at home most nights. It's not too bad as he is not one to talk your ear off and he always leaves me the last slice of pizza.

With the holidays upon us it gives me a new focus on things. Mr Huber is having his annual Christmas Day party with crap gifts and what not and invites for New Years Eve are coming. Because the Younger doesn't like parties too much and does not travel too well, we will miss a lot of the parties we, or at least I, loved.

It is an odd feeling to know that you have moved on to a different stage of your life. I am thrilled the the Younger is there. I mean splitting rent three ways is better than two. I think this is a case of wanting to have my cake and eat it too. I don't understand why this is something people say. I mean if you had cake, wouldn't you eat it? What else is cake good for? It's not like it will keep for too long so you may as well eat the cake.
Anyway, it is hard for me because I do so love to be the center of attention. I crave it. It is hard to be the center when you are not around the people whose attention you can have, or if the show of Mr Bebout the younger is there. I can't compete with him. He's all helpless and cute. All I have is loud and bossy with opinions and jokes.

Woe to me.

8 Comments:

Blogger Tam said...

I like sharing in the limelight with my little chick. You're still noticed. Sometimes its not in a great way though.
"Where's her snowsuit?"
"That cold sounds terrible."
"You were fat too as a baby."
Some days, I'm content hanging out in the background. But I know you wouldn't trade him in for anything. And now, you couldn't imagine your life with out him.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Stacy Cane said...

Having your baby and eating it too... ew. Better to stick with cake.

Cheers to you, Ma and Pa Bebout.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

While we enjoy our singlehood and ability to go drinking at a moments notice, you can enjoy the raising of a child or whatever.

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, cake will keep for a year in the freezer, provided it is properly stored.

Rather than missing out on the parties think of it as an opportunity for new experiences. Baby's first Christmas and New Years and how he has a clean slate and everything is new and thrilling to him. Besides you're getting old and can't really recover from the drinking like you used to.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Mr. Bebout said...

I could if was back in practice for it.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Curt said...

Think of it this way: You made your own drinking buddy. You just gotta wait 20 years and hope Harrasments is still open, cuz you you know the Oasis isn't gonna be. Have you seen their roof lately?

10:13 AM  
Blogger Mr. Bebout said...

I have not been in there, or by there in years.

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I don't believe we will be in attendance for New Year's Eve. As much as I will miss it I am also looking forward to being with my little family and possibly starting our own tradition. I would say we would stop by for a minute at the beginning of the evening but then Mr. Bebout would not want to leave.

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home