Monday, January 23, 2006

Oh Me!

As some of you may know, I am a huge fan of the drunk call. I usually call to invite others out to enjoy being drunk with me. Mostly, it works out that I end up going home sooner than later as most of my friends are on to me and know I have had enough. But I still call to share in the fun.
This Friday past, I enjoyed dog watching with Chad and drinking Shiner Bock. It was supposed to be a few after work but that didn't work out and I ended up out until midnight. Earlier in the evening I tried to call a load of friends to no avail. Most didn't answer or were MIA. I am used to it and still had fun. Beau Bridges played like a dog on a mission and it was great fun to watch him investigate Chad's underground hall of horrors ala Scooby Doo.
On my way home, as I talked with The Blazer-Noscals I got into a shouting matching with a couple. I decided the best thing to do was to play cat and mouse. They sped up , so did I. It was very tense for a bout 500 yards when my turn came up and I went home.
During the course of my phone calls, I learned sad news about one of my dear friends. I felt like a real shit heal because I did not know before and wanted to say things to know that I cared and that would ease the pain. As nothing does that too well, and I am no good and that kind of talk, I guess it would not have made much difference in the big picture, but well, you know.

11 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Bebout said...

Yeah but, Chad said, I mean it was, It's just that, Thank you.

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meanwhile your sick wife was home tending to your even sicker infant son unaware that you were risking your life by driving home. And you had the precious cargo of Mr. Beau Bridges to boot. It is a wonder the Bebout family is still intact.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

I have to say that after Friday's call there was some talk at the Bloeser/Noscal house about an intervention...

10:11 AM  
Blogger Mr. Bebout said...

Maybe just a ride home?

10:30 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Maybe don't drink yourself into a stupor?

10:51 AM  
Blogger Mr. Bebout said...

Who was in a stupor? And who are to give shit about someone having too much drink?

11:25 AM  
Blogger Stacy Cane said...

Yeah, but Kristen doesn't even drive sober. And if riding the bus impaired was a crime, they'd have to put bars on the busses. Prison bars that is.

Woah, what if they DID put bars on the busses? That would be cool! Get on the bus, enjoy a little vodka on the way home. Granted, they'd need to hose out those busses at the end of the night. Yet again, they ought to anyway.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Seriously, I could use a cocktail on Friday evening's ride home. Then again, I'm not sure I'd want to ingest anything I got on the bus.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Plus Dave, I know you were in a stupor as you admitted to me that you had just sat for 10 minutes at a blinking yellow light before you realized what it was.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Tam said...

You can remove these comments, Dave, if you are afraid of the big bad divorce decree.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bebout said...

The Bebouts are a tight group. No need to consider "the big bad divorce decree" but thanks for your concern.
And stupor implies a much worse state. I was not by any estimation in a stupor.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home