Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The Season has Passed


The holiday season is now behind us. It was Mr Bebout the Younger's first. He got a lot of gifts from grandparents and well wishers alike. He did not take notice of any of them as he is a small baby. But thanks to everyone, regardless of his appreciation.





This time of year has, until recently not been that much fun for me. It usually reminds me of all the horrible Christmas I spent as a youth. From Christmas dinner in the car at a Dairy Mart parking lot the first year my dad was in the nursing home because none of our relatives thought to invite us over or see about our well being. Not to mention that our family was broke and we didn't really do too many gifts. Things climaxed when my dad died 5 days before Christmas. I spent it with JimBob and his family because my mom was on vacation in California.

So from this feted root I grew a poison Christmas tree and would become very put upon about Christmas. Today I read Tam's blog about her Grandfather passing away form a disease similar to the one my dad had and I was flushed with memories of all my bad Christmas times and realized that for the first time I did not have resentment and pain and anger over the holidays. I was not filled with a joy about the Younger's first, but I I have believe that he helped me to at least not be sad.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

I don't know how a person is supposed to feel at the end of your post. I thought I should feel hopeful that David Porter helps heal your xmas wounds, but then you posted a picture of him where he is apparently about to be gutted by wild dogs. Why is he so scared in that picture? Does he know Kerry is thinking about running again?

12:36 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bebout said...

The last photo is just funny because I caght him in mid facial movement. He was safe as a baby in his crib.

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still laugh heartily at that picture. But on a more serious note, I did not know that your dad died 5 days before Christmas and that your mom was on vacation at the time, nor did I know about the Dairy Mart Christmas dinner. Wow, it's like we've never talked. Pleased to meet you, my name is Sharon Bebout.

I thought it was the traveling that made you cranky at Christmas

2:29 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

I'm sorry, when is Dave not cranky? Dave has an excuse for every cranky mood he's ever been in.

Yesterday I told Ray about how David Porter almost fell on the floor and Sharon said they would have had a dead baby and Dave's response was at least they wouldn't have to pay for college. And we laughed at that.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bebout said...

The traveling does not help. It is such BS to have an extra day off and spend it in the car running around and never enjoying it.

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home