Friday, January 27, 2006

Lunch with Guba

I was out and about today working. I had to verify drawings for an upcoming project. As I new the drawings I had were not correct, I took Guba with me. He is our CAD guy. After the working, we went to Appleby for lunch.
As Guba had not been to one in years, he took forever to read the menu. The waitress and waitress in training came back twice before he was ready to order. He got a cheeseburger and fries.
What's up with that. You can order a cheeseburger and fries in like a minute. You don't even need the menu. Everyone sells cheeseburger and fries.
He did say it was a damn fine cheeseburger and fires and he looked happy.
I had their version of a club grill. It had BBQ sauce on it. It was greasy and good. The lettuce and tomato were being used beyond their usefulness and I scraped them onto the plate in protest. I showed them!
I also had club soda with a lime. I got a refill, as I am a guzzler and in the new glass was a new lime. All too often when you get a drink with a lime in it, when the drink is refilled a new lime is not included. Who wants the lime in only the 1st glass?

As I mentioned there was a waitress in training at the place. She was in her early twenties, normal looks, you know whatever. The issue I had was that while all the other servers were well kept, she was not. Her slacks were too big and she wore them with a sag. Her shirt was also too large and half untucked. Then she rolled up the sleeves to reveal some bad ink. No one else was all undone and here she was. The manager waled by her a dozen times, her trainer was with her the whole time and no one said boo about her sloppy appearance. What's more she wouldn't say a word to us. I don't know if I would talk to Guba if I didn't have to, but I digress. She was stand-offish and I do not approve.

During lunch Guba thought a good conversation would be about his plans to get divorced. I thought not and was quiet as he went on . Maybe that's why the waitress in training would talk?
So for the whole of lunch, on and on about his crappy wife and blah blah blah. Then as we're leaving he mentions that he has been taking college classes on the interweb. For the record, that would be better lunch talk.

Well, I am off to collect Beau Bridges. I am going to an awards thing for work tonight. It was not cleared with Mrs. Bebout

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I rule our roost with an iron fist and there will be hell to pay. I also use our child as a pawn to get what I want. You cannot see the baby for a week because of this infraction of the rules.

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WTF????????

5:05 PM  
Blogger Tam said...

Don't forget sex Sharon...all desperate housewives use sex as leverage...and food.

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home